Prepare to set up
This course is the first of two steps for anyone who has just been given a pre-owned Android tablet and wishes to learn how to prepare it for their own safe use.
In this first step, you will learn how to erase the tablet and remove the previous owner's details. This is known as a 'reset' and it must be completed before moving onto the second step, the Android tablet: Set up course. By completing both courses, your tablet will be set up and ready to use.
Naturally, you should only perform this reset on a tablet that has been given to you permanently, and not one that has been loaned to you temporarily.
If you have a brand new Android tablet, or one has already been reset, you can progress straight to the Android tablet: Set up course.
What do I need to start this course?
To get the most from this course, you will need the following:
- Your pre-owned Android tablet.
- The previous owner for a couple of the steps in the reset, so make sure they are available when you are ready to start the course.
- Approximately 10 minutes to watch the video in one sitting as, if you stop during the process, your tablet may switch off and you'll need to restart the course from the beginning.
- We recommend you watch this video on a laptop or desktop (if you have access to one) so that you can follow along and complete the steps on your tablet as you go.
- There is also a handy printable guide for you to download and keep. You will find the guide at the bottom of this page.
So, when you're ready to start, scroll down and click or tap the play button on the video.