Online banking basics
In this course, we look at some of the most common online banking tasks for laptop and desktop computers, such as checking balances, messages, statements and more.
To help us get used to how a typical online bank account works, we also have special practice activities for you to hone your skills using our pretend bank – Squirrel Bank. As Squirrel Bank is not a real bank, you can practise these tasks as often as you like in a safe environment and, if you make a mistake, it doesn't matter as you can always have another go!
Activities viewable on all devices in this course are:
- Online banking basics – a description of the key tasks in this course.
Activities viewable on desktop and laptop computers only are:
- Logging on and off – Squirrel Bank practice activity. How to enter your Client ID and Password to log on, and then how to log off.
- Checking transactions – Squirrel Bank practice activity. How to check account balances and an individual transaction, then log off.
- Inbox and messages – Squirrel Bank practice activity. How to find the online banking Inbox, read a message, then log off.
- Managing statements – Squirrel Bank practice activity. How to find and download a statement, then log off.
- Getting help and support – Squirrel Bank practice activity. How to find the Squirrel Bank contact details, then log off.
In the next course, Managing payments online, there are more advanced Squirrel Bank practice activities where we show you how to transfer money between accounts, pay bills and set transaction limits.