This course is for anyone with a brand new Windows laptop computer, or a pre-owned Windows laptop computer that has been reset. If your laptop is pre-owned and has not yet been reset, you will first need to complete the steps in Windows laptop: Prepare to set up course.
In this course, we will show you, step-by-step, how to set up your laptop in readiness to start using it safely.
What do I need to start this course?
To get the most from this course, you will need the following:
- Your laptop, installed with the Windows 10 operating system. Page 5 of our handy printable guide shows you how to do this.
- Your mobile phone number, or the mobile phone number of a family member or friend. You will need access to this phone during the set up process to confirm a couple of steps.
- Approximately 20 minutes to watch the video and complete all the steps. If you stop during the process your laptop may switch off and you'll need to restart the course from the beginning.
- We recommend you watch this video on another device (if you have access to one), so that you can follow along and complete the steps on your computer as you go.
- Alternatively, you might like to print and follow the steps in our course guide. You can find the guide at the bottom of this page.
So, when you're ready to start, scroll down and click or tap the play button on the video.