Book a free eSafety with Be Connected presentation
The Office of the eSafety Commissioner is hosting free webinar presentations to help older Australians stay safe online. It’s our way of helping the 4 million older Australians that are keen to improve their digital literacy, but want help addressing online safety concerns*.
We will be offering presentations on two topics. Bookings are limited so don’t miss out!
Safer online shopping & banking
For many Australians, a connected lifestyle includes the convenience of online shopping and banking, however, privacy and security concerns can stop older Australians from enjoying the same experience. In this 50-minute webinar you’ll learn:
- how to safely buy and pay for things online
- how to do every day banking safely online
- tips on how to use public Wi-Fi safely.
Can you spot a scam?
Following our successful pilot in May, we are once again offering our online scams presentation to help older Australians spot a fake when they see one. In this 1-hour webinar you’ll learn:
- the most common scams targeting older Australians
- tips on how to spot them
- what to do or not do
- who to speak to when you need help.
- Webinar presentations require a minimum number of participants to run. If necessary, the Office reserves the right to cancel the session due to low numbers.
- You will receive confirmation of your booking via email.
*Source: Office of the eSafety Commissioner research report: Older Australians - attitudes and barriers to digital participation (May 2018).